Monday, February 2, 2009

The Big Day

Well to start the day I couldn't sleep because I was anxious about what to expect. I rode with one of my teammates to Visalia. She was running a little late so I called her and she had car problems so she made it to my house and we took my car. We got a little outside of town and we hit thick fog. We finally got to the radio station and I was so nervous. We went into a room where all the contestants were. Everyone was visiting and getting to know each other. The staff at KDUV were wonderful. It's so nice to put faces with a voice you listen to on the radio. Cari was so kind to let some of us shut the door while we were getting our pictures taken. One of the other contestants said she felt so violated we all laughed because it was true. I did decide to wear the tight shorts with the sports bra because I thought it would encourage me even more. After taking the group pictures we went and had our last meal (Ha Ha) at one of my favorite places to eat, Chili's. I had the country fried steak with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and garlic bread. I ate the whole thing.
I met the other contestants at the gym at 3:00. You know I've been a member of the gym for about 4 years, how sad I couldn't get my health in order in that length of time. Now is the time. We had to fill out paper work and get weighed and measured. Do you know that they pinch your fat on your arms, legs, and stomach to find out one of the measurements. Personally I have plenty to pinch. My weight was up further than I thought because over the last 2 or 3 days I ate and drank (sodas) whatever I wanted. Some of our team members decided to stay and work out. Let the game begin.
On Sunday, we were having a barbecue with family. I had to make a birthday cake and of course I make my own frosting which is very good and very sweet (I only took a tiny taste). I tried to stay in the kitchen and do dishes and be busy so I would eat the chips and dip and nachos and salsa. I also said a prayer. I was so hungry all day I felt sick. Someone told me to drink lots of water I think I must have drank 5 gallons. It didn't work, I was still hungry. Finally bed time.
Today went alot better except my family left all that food with me so I hope it goes bad fast. I tried to give it to my family after the barbecue but no one wanted it. I did go to the gym today.
What a journey God has chosen for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment