Friday, March 6, 2009

Wow!!!!! That's A Lot Of Weight

Well what a long week. We were so nervous about the weigh in but I made it to the second round. Two of my kids have been sick all week and trying to take care of them and fit in exercise has been very hard. With the help of my Mom I did it but now she is sick. I have to say I am just taking it one day or one minute at a time. I was sitting on the bench at the gym yesterday and I was looking at the dumbbells it dawned on me that one of the dumbbells weighs as much as the weight I have lost. I picked it up and couldn't believe that I was carrying around that much extra weight. When you watch those weight loss shows on TV they always say to look how much 10, 15, 20 pounds looks like and feels like, well it makes a huge impact on you when you actually lift it. I would encourage anyone to lift the weight you have lost. What a different and encouraging way to look at it. It makes you never want to go back. I do have to admit I hate doing cardio, Oh I do it but I hate it. I would much rather lift weights instead. One week to the next weigh in. Lord give my strength.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing an amazing job!! I know it's difficult and I can completely appreciate how hard you are working each and every day. You are so inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete